ACADEMIC TRAINING, AWARDS AND APPOINTMENTS:
1. PRIMARY EDUCATION: Riara Primary School Kĩambu, 1960 to 1967; Academic
Award: KCPE Certificate In 1967.
2. SECONDARY EDUCATION: Queen of Apostles Seminary Rũaraka, Nairobi, 1968 to
1971; Academic Award: KJSE Certificate 1969 and Cambridge School Certificate In
3. POST SECONDARY EDUCATION:
1) Philosophical Education: St. Thomas Aquinas National Seminary, Langata,
Nairobi-1972 to 1974; Academic Award: Diploma in Philosophy.
2) Theological/Religious Education: St. Thomas Aquinas National Seminary,
Langata, Nairobi- 1975 to 1979; Academic Award: B.A. Honors Upper Second
in Theology, Urbanian University, Rome.
4. POST GRADUATE EDUCATION:
M.A. Courses Undertaken: Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA)
1) Research Methodology;
2) New Testament and Biblical Exegesis;
3) Social Anthropology;
4) African Christian Studies;
5) Development of Christian Doctrine;
6) Philosophy of Religion;
7) History of Christianity;
8) Inter-religious Dialogue/Ecumenism.
Thesis Title: “Christ Our Elder: A Christological Study from the Kikuyu Concept of
Thesis Submitted, Examined and successfully defended: 1986.
Academic Award: M.A. in Systematic Theology.
5. Doctoral/PhD Studies: Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA)
2) Introduction to Greek, Hebrew and Latin;
3) Hermeneutics and Exegesis;
Thesis Title: “Jesus Christ Our Mũthamaki (Ideal Elder): A Christological Study Based
on the Agĩkũyũ Understanding of Elder.”
Thesis Submitted: 1990.
Defense: Successful Public Defense on Monday 28th January, 1991.
Declared and created CUEA’S FIRST Doctor i.e. PhD Graduate: 30th January, 1991.
Graduation: 26th February, 1992.